Pack 77 Raingutter Regatta
YOU GOTTA REGATTA!! Don't miss the 4th annual Raingutter Regatta race on Sunday November 15th 2015 from 3:30-5:30pm at Cale!!
Trimaran boat kits are being distributed to Den leaders and Dens will put them together at November Den meetings. The kits are easy to assemble - just shape the outriggers with sandpaper, paint, and decorate. The race is open to all Scouts and Den Chiefs and their parents/siblings. Come join in the racing fun !! Check out some of our craziest boats below !!
Pack 77 Boat Picture Gallery (BB-8 boat for 2015 is fastest in Pack history !!):
Pack 77 Raingutter Regatta Tracks and Racers in Action:
- Sail Rule - Sails cannot be creased, folded or wrapped around boat mast - must use two holes in sail and main sail between holes must not touch front of mast. See tips sheet for best "legal" sail configuration.
- Important paint rule - NO WATER-BASED PAINT MAY BE USED (duh !!).
- We will use our Pinewood Derby electronic timing system with four race lanes, with all racer categories mixed randomly in a given heat.
- Each participant will have four runs, lowest total time wins in each category.
- Trophies for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place awarded in Tigers, Wolves, Bears, Webelos, and All-Comers categories. Also, again for this year: trophies for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place fan favorites !!
- All-Comers open to siblings and parents of all Den Chiefs and Scouts (Den Chiefs will also race in this category). If you don't want to make a new boat, you can race one from last year (but all Cub Scouts must make a new one each year or otherwise they must race as an All-Comer).
- Extra kits for All-Comers available from Eric for $5.49 - payable to Pack 77. The Scout Shop does not carry many of them !!
- Raceday timing (Volunteers needed - see below !!): Setup at Cale: 1:00-2:00pm, Open Track for Practice Runs: 1:45-3:15pm, Race Starts: 3:30pm sharp